Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weather and Life

Traveling

Last week, I took my van back home to get it's yearly inspection.  Unfortunately, the garage itself was out of stickers.  They could have scheduled me again for Monday, but I of course had to work Monday.  So we have one scheduled for Thursday, which means I'll be taking the van up a second time.

Remodeling

While I did have the van at home, I took the time to do some remodeling again. I cut the bed to be shorter (my length), made the desk a bit shorter (lengthwise, not height wise), and secured the sink to the side of the desk.  All in all, this gives me much more room to move about inside the van.

I also have brought down a microwave to heat soup up with.  I am not sure how well it works.  Transporting it the first time, it fell over, hit some junk I was transporting and dented.  I put my soup in on Monday to heat it up.  It ran, but made a whiny noise.  The soup came out tepid instead of hot, like I would hope.  I'll try it again next week (I only had the one can) for a longer period.

Weather

Things have been a bit chilly this week, with freezing/frost conditions in the morning.  I was supposed to bring my heater down with the van, but left it at home.  Despite this freezing weather, my sleeping bag still remains a viable source of protection from the elements.  Also, the temperature does warm up inside the van into the high 60s by mid-day.  On Monday, i even had to open a window and roof vent to let the cooler outdoor air in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment