Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8/25/2009 Day 3

Today the generator ran out of gas. I was actually expecting this to happen, I just didn't know when. I believe it was supposed to run for something like 11 hours on 4 gallons. I ran it from 10AM till 4:30PM yesterday (6.5 hours) and then today from 10:30AM until it ran out at 1:30PM (3 hours). So I got 9.5 hours of usage out of the tank. The generator claims to be a 4 gallon tank, but when I went to fill it, I could only squeeze in 3.23 gallons. So I calculate that to be 2.9 hours/gallon, or... 0.34 gallons/hour. If was 4 gallons, I would have gotten 11.6 hours out of the tank, so the runtime is fairly accurate, the tank holding amount is not. I think it would be easier to figure out how many gallons the tank holds than it is to figure out how long it would run at 50% load. Granted, I'm not even sure if my air conditioner pulls “50% load”.

Fill-up: 3.239 gallons @ $2.559/gallon for $8.29

I discovered that I hadn't packed a towel this week, so I can't hit the gym until I locate one. Alternatively, I could use a t-shirt for the job, but I've done that before under different circumstances and it didn't work out quite so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment