Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9/15/2009 Day 8

Slept badly today. I could feel every cross bar on the bed of the van. I have two directions to go. I could get the 3” high-density memory foam, or I could remove the built-in bed an put in a regular single bed. The latter option would give me more room in the van, both in storage underneath the bed and in space beside the bed. Currently, I can't fit a battery under the existing bed, but a replacement bed would be higher. A friend of mine suggested a bed that could fold up against the wall, which I like the idea of as well. Research must be done!

The good news is that the air conditioner started today without an issue. Since it is running, I will wait till I arrive home before attempting to figure out the issue. Last night, I also ordered a Vornado room-sized circulator fan and the Coleman catalytic heater (propane). Somewhere between August and September, they shot up from around $35 to $55! Hopefully they arrive before I leave on vacation again in October.

These last 2 days, I am running the air conditioner around 4 hours a day. I typically don't start it up till after 11AM and I leave between 3 and 4. Today it was around 11:30 that I started the A/C and I'm leaving the van by 3:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment